Paradox's CRUSADER KINGS III Gets Surprisingly Touching Story Trailer and Summer Release Date
Mechanic: Bartosz Sobczak
Category: Strategy Games
Paradox Interactive has revealed that the long-awaited sequel to 2012's Crusader Kings II will arrive on the 1st of September, and if you just can't wait to play the threequel, the publisher has released two brand-new trailers for the game. The first video is focused on the plot, while the other one serves as a gameplay teaser.
With Crusader Kings III finally having a concrete release date, the strategy game is available for pre-order at select online retailers and the official Paradox store for a suggested retail price of $49.99/ £41.99/ €49.99.
Be sure to learn a whole lot more about the project's core features and gameplay mechanics down below:
- Character Focused Gameplay: Every character you play or interact with has their own unique personality. Events and options in the game are largely determined by the type of person you are.
- Infinite Possibilities: Play as any noble house from Iceland to India, Finland to Central Africa over five centuries. Interact with wandering guests, stubborn children, devious spymasters and saintly holy men in an elaborate tapestry of medieval life.
- Waging War: Rally your vassals and raise your men-at-arms to besiege enemy castles or put down rebellions. Personal prowess on the battlefield can win you great honor, but strategic planning is the path to victory.
- Royal Marriages: Spread your dynastic DNA throughout the world, stamping your royal seal on the crests of kingdoms and duchies far and wide. Marry for power and raise children to press claims on new lands.
- Saints and Sinners: Keep faith with your religious leaders or perform great crimes in the interest of the state. When the going gets tough, you can always embrace a heresy or craft a new religion more in line with your character’s priorities.
- Schemes and Skullduggery: Learn the secrets of your courtiers and vassals so you can blackmail them for their support. Seduce your way into a superior’s good books, or plot the untimely demise of an unfortunate relative.
- Events Inspired By History: Experience great holy wars, peasant revolts, cadet branches of dynasties, heretics, superstition, castles, knights and wars over inheritance.
- 3D Character Portraits: Characters age and change appearance as their traits take a toll on their body. The higher the rank, the fancier the clothing.
- And much more: Holy Orders, mercenaries, pagan and Viking raiders, easily customized rule sets and a beautiful new map to play on.
Considering that Crusader Kings III will make its debut this summer, Paradox will definitely share plenty of new details on the grand strategy game — also coming to Xbox Game Pass at launch — in the near future.
Without further ado, take a look at the surprisingly touching story trailer for the Paradox Development Studio–created Crusader Kings III — and its relatively short (but sweet) gameplay teaser — right now:
Paradox Development Studio brings you the sequel to one of the most popular strategy games ever made. Crusader Kings III is the heir to a long legacy of historical grand strategy experiences and arrives with a host of new ways to ensure the success of your royal house.
Crusader Kings III is coming to PC (via Steam) on September 1, 2020.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Bartosz Sobczak - Owner, Editor-in-Chief
Lawyer by day, video game reporter by night. Long-time fan of the Mass Effect, Age of Empires, Prince of Persia, BioShock — especially the second one — and Splinter Cell series (who still believes that the best is yet to come). Tries his hardest to shine a new light on the Polish game-development scene. Gameplay Mechanix is his biggest passion project to date. Often listens to old episodes of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson while writing. Privately a cat person.
Comments for this thread or now closed...